[SciPy-dev] PRIMME: PReconditioned Iterative MultiMethod Eigensolver

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 00:46:36 CST 2006

David Cournapeau wrote:
> I can quickly change the layout of pyaudio so that it looks like above.
> I am not sure about the setup.py, and sciwhatever/__init__.py, though (I
> don't know much about python packages and co)
>
>     - Is sciwhatever/__init__.py shared accross all the packages (ie
> always the same in primme,pyaudio, etc... ?)

It will be always be an empty file.

>     - Should the setup.py follow the same convention that the scipy
> modules' ones ?

I haven't figured out the exact details of that. Most likely there will be a
pyaudio/sciwhatever/pyaudio/setup.py that will do all of the heavy lifting. The
pyaudio/setup.py at top will probably just .add_subpackage() that (but again,
I'm not too sure about the exact details).

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco