[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Eric Jonas jonas at mwl.mit.edu
Sat Sep 30 10:52:01 CDT 2006

> Besides your comments, I would like a response on at least two
> questions:  +1, -1, +0, -0  voting.
>

> 1) Do you like the idea ?

+1

> 2) Could you help (i.e. as an editor, reviewer, etc.)?

+1

Those of you in the C++ community might be familiar with boost
(www.boost.org) a peer-reviewed set of STL-like libraries that has
gained a great following in the C++ community. A large part of their
review process is focused on the API -- is it STL-like, does it make
sense, will it grow, etc. A lot of scipy areas are loose wrappers around
existing fortran code, and so have APIs that are somewhat un-pythoninc.
It would be nice if part of the review process for libraries /
publications could involve API feedback as well.
	...Eric