[SciPy-dev] Online SciPy Journal

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:34:46 CDT 2006

Eric Jonas wrote:

> Those of you in the C++ community might be familiar with boost
> (www.boost.org) a peer-reviewed set of STL-like libraries that has
> gained a great following in the C++ community. A large part of their
> review process is focused on the API -- is it STL-like, does it make
> sense, will it grow, etc. A lot of scipy areas are loose wrappers around
> existing fortran code, and so have APIs that are somewhat un-pythoninc.
> It would be nice if part of the review process for libraries /
> publications could involve API feedback as well.

The example that I believe Fernando was referring to is the GAP Council which,
formally and informally, reviews contributions to the GAP computational group
theory software.

   http://www-gap.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Contacts/People/Council/council.html
   http://www-gap.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/Contacts/submit.html

Both of us heard a talk by Steve Linton at the SAGE Days 2006 workshop where he
talked about this.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."