[SciPy-dev] eigh implementation inconsistency

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Tue Apr 10 08:07:07 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Tiziano Zito apparently wrote:
> We would change the license to whatever is needed to include it in
> SciPy, but I think the problem is that our pyf files (those needed by
> f2py to generate the C extension module) have been heavily (and
> manually :-)) tuned and do not resemble the pyf  files used by scipy
> to generate other lapack wrappers. An inclusion "as is"
> has been excluded for this reason by Pearu a couple of
> years ago.

Even if a volunteer to rewrite the pyf files does not emerge
immediately, changing the license *now* will ensure that
some future interested party does not pass by the
opportunity out of licensing concerns.

fwiw,
Alan Isaac