[SciPy-dev] SciPy improvements

Thu Apr 12 23:59:49 CDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> On 4/13/07, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>

>> Well, netlab is a huge package, but google just announced that my SoC
>> projet pymachine, a set of toolboxes for machine learning-related
>> algorithms, has been accepted:
>>

> That's great to hear.  I've been keeping an eye on your progress with
> pyEM and such.  Very promising.
>
> Incidentally I work with some speech and graphics guys from ATR, where
> I see you worked previously.  Do you know Yotsukura-san, Kawamoto-san,
> or Nakamura-san?  (I think Nakamura-san is now the head of ATR maybe
> even).

I indeed work some time there before starting my PhD program at Kyodai,
but not in the speech lab (I worked in the now defunct MIS lab).
> I would be interested in joining a dev list on this or something like
> that (or open dev blog? or wiki?) if you start such a thing.  I assume
> you have to have discussions with your mentor anyway.  If possible
> it'd be nice to peek in on those conversations.

There is nothing started yet, and some things need to be fixed with my
mentor before things get started, but as Robert said, most if not all
discussion related to it would happen here and follow the usual scipy
process (scipy SVN, Trac, etc...).

David