[SciPy-dev] SciPy improvements

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Apr 13 00:50:54 CDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:

> The project page mentions SVM.  In addition to SVM I'm interested in
> things like PPCA, kernel PCA, RBF networks, gaussian processes and
> GPLVM.  Are you going to try to go in the direction of a modular
> structure with reusable bits for for all kernel methods, or is the
> plan to targeted specifically SVM?

On that note, I have some Gaussian process code in a Mercurial repository here
(click the "manifest" button to browse the source):

  http://www.enthought.com/~rkern/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/gp/

It's based on the treatment by Rasmussen and Williams:

  http://www.gaussianprocess.org/gpml/

The covariance functions I implement there might be useful in other methods, too.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco