[SciPy-dev] petsc - UMFPACK and scipy

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Fri Apr 13 13:42:40 CDT 2007

On 4/13/07, Robert Cimrman <cimrman3@ntc.zcu.cz> wrote:
> I can use 5.0 without problems, so 5.0.3 should work too.
>
> I have downloaded the whole UFsparse suite, edited UFconfig/UFconfig.mk,
> cd into UMFPACK and typed 'make' (normal UMFPACK installation
> procedure). Then I edited my numpy/site.cfg to reflect the installation
> paths. I do remember you had some problems with this step, but I do not
> know why.
>
> Any other recent UMFPACK users out there?

I'm using SuiteSparse version 2.1.1 dated 09/11/2006 which includes
UMFPACK 5.0.1.  IIRC I'm also using GotoBLAS for UMFPACK.

I installed SuiteSparse to /opt/SuiteSparse and copied all the
UMFPACK, CHOLMOD, AMD etc. header files to /usr/include.  I remember
having problems when trying to point SciPy at the header files in
/opt/SuiteSparse.

My site.cfg has the following entries:

[amd]
library_dirs = /opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Lib
include_dirs = /opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Include
amd_libs = amd

[umfpack]
library_dirs = /opt/SuiteSparse/UMFPACK/Lib
include_dirs = /opt/SuiteSparse/UMFPACK/Include
umfpack_libs = umfpack

When running SciPy's setup.py I get the following output:

umfpack_info:
amd_info:
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['amd']
    library_dirs = ['/opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Lib']
    swig_opts = ['-I/opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Include']
    define_macros = [('SCIPY_AMD_H', None)]
    include_dirs = ['/opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Include']

  FOUND:
    libraries = ['umfpack', 'amd']
    library_dirs = ['/opt/SuiteSparse/UMFPACK/Lib', '/opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Lib']
    swig_opts = ['-I/opt/SuiteSparse/UMFPACK/Include',
'-I/opt/SuiteSparse/AMD/Include']
    define_macros = [('SCIPY_UMFPACK_H', None), ('SCIPY_AMD_H', None)]

--
Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com