[SciPy-dev] Windows build with MSVC

Albert Strasheim fullung@gmail....
Tue Apr 17 05:46:22 CDT 2007

Hello all

For lack of other sources of pain in my life, I'm giving the SciPy build
with MSVC and G77 a go again.

I've already fixed a few issues:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/changeset/2927
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/changeset/2928

I'm currently running into problems at building the scipy.special._cephes
extension. I get the following error:

cephes.lib(exp10.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _isnan
cephes.lib(cbrt.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _isnan
cephes.lib(unity.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _isnan
referenced in function _cephes_expm1
cephes.lib(ndtr.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _isnan
referenced in function _cephes_erfc
cephes.lib(gamma.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _isnan
cephes.lib(exp2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _isnan
build\lib.win32-2.4\scipy\special\_cephes.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 1
unresolved externals

It seems the cephes macro soup has gotten isnan wrong for the MSVC build.

The MSDN docs for isnan are here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzthab44(VS.80).aspx

Maybe someone can figure out the right mix of defines and mconf.h magic to
make it build again?

Thanks!

Regards,

Albert