[SciPy-dev] petsc - UMFPACK and scipy

Wed Apr 18 00:46:39 CDT 2007

John Pye wrote:

> Perhaps the focus should be on getting UMFPACK added to those distros,
> rather than working out how to build them as part of scipy? The only
> place where this isn't so great is Windows. Windows is always a special
> case :-)

Talk is cheap :) This is exactly what I've started a few days ago, you
are more than welcomed to help me:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou/

I've already binary packages for numpy + scipy using NETLIB BLAS and
LAPACK (also packaged by myself, as I had various problems with the ones
distributed by fedora and open suse), am working on atlas 3.7.*  (which
is by far the most difficult), and intend to do at least fftw3 and
umfpack along.

cheers,

David