[SciPy-dev] petsc - UMFPACK and scipy

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Wed Apr 18 04:57:55 CDT 2007

I think Python projects which are not just python bindings to some
C++/Fortran library (and SciPy definitely is not) should work in a way
that you just download them and import in python, without any
installation and it should just work, at least basic things.

This way SciPy can have any number of (optional) modules, as it will
not add to the complexity of the installation. Of course you need
NumPy, but I assume NumPy is already installed.

But I just use

apt-get install python-scipy

anyway, so I don't care.

Ondrej