[SciPy-dev] BVP solver and dependence on Fortran 90/95

John Travers jtravs@gmail....
Sun Apr 22 08:09:02 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I have a number of modules I'm working on for my own use which depend
on Fortran 90/95 language features. One is a python wrapper to a
boundary value problem solver
(http://cs.smu.ca/~muir/BVP_SOLVER_Webpage.shtml) which would be a
very good addition to scipy I think (the authors have explicitly
agreed that it can be used in scipy).

My question is: what is the policy on scipy modules depending on
Fortran 90/95 code. There currently doesn't appear to be any in the
repository. However with the availability of gfortran now broadening
and the fact that most (all?) commercial compilers now have full
support, is it any longer a problem (putting aside f2py support)?

Cheers,
John