[SciPy-dev] Possible bug in scipy.stats.kurtosistest()

Tue Apr 24 16:07:50 CDT 2007

On 24/04/07, Rudolph van der Merwe <rudolph@ska.ac.za> wrote:
> I think I found a bug in the kurtosistest function in the scipy.stats
> module. The relevant file is scipy/stats/stats.py

You're probably right; the statistics tools are in desperate need of review.

In fact, from your nice detailed descrpition, I'm quite convinced
there is a bug.

> Is there a more formal way of filing this bug than posting a message
> on this forum?

There is the scipy Trac bug tracker. I'm afraid you have to log in to
report bugs. I've filed this one for you, at
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/403

Thank you for letting us know!

Anne M. Archibald