[SciPy-dev] Which matrix library in C++ for scipy

Thu Apr 26 06:43:39 CDT 2007

> scipy does certainly not depend on Boost. Blitz is used in weave, but I
> don't know if this is mandatory (and it includes the blitz library); I
> think that actually, a C++ compiler is not even mandatory. Maybe I am
> missing something, but why the need for a matrix library for basic
> neighbors algorithm ?

That's right, I do not have the utility for a fully-fludged matrix library,
but basic stuff yes. For a neighbooring algorithm, I can use basic
computations, norms, ...
Yes, I could program them directly, but if there is already something in
scipy, no use to do it again ;)

Matthieu