[SciPy-dev] Cleaning and fixing fft in scipy ?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis@ieee....
Fri Apr 27 14:04:36 CDT 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Could you be more clear about where the problem in your eyes lies?
> There are multiple sources for the fft (original fftpack files +
> interface files to other fft libraries if the user has those installed).
>
> The ifdefs that I could find are just in the interface files to the
> "other" fft libraries that a user might have installed.  I don't care if
> that is redone so that the setup.py file just uses different sources as
> opposed to defining pre-processor variables, but you might check with
> Pearu since he is the author of those interfaces.
>
> But, I also don't really see the problem with the way it is done, now.

I don't mean to discourage effort here.  I'm just hesitant to start
changing things without some kind of feedback from the original author
(Pearu in this case).

I just want to make sure he is aware of and agrees with changes that are
being made.   I know Pearu spent a fair bit of time creating the current
fft interfaces.  They may not be perfect but they are quite flexible and
allow people to use fft's from multiple libraries.

Most of the fft behavior comes from those multiple libraries.   So, I
just want to be clear about which fft implementation and interface is
being modified and exactly what the problems are.

-Travis