[SciPy-dev] ExtGen - a Python Extension module Generation tool - something very new and fresh

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Sat Aug 4 17:13:00 CDT 2007

On Sun, August 5, 2007 12:54 am, Lino Mastrodomenico wrote:

> BTW, if you don't know it yet you may want to check out Pyrex
> (<http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/>) which
> does something very similar, but in a different way.

Yes, I know about Pyrex. Pyrex defines a Python-like language from
which extension modules are generated but for generating
wrapper functions for Fortran or C programs, I'll need better
control how the extension modules are created. This includes
dealing with converters between Python-C-Fortran types, for instance.
I would consider ExtGen as a tool for programs that
need to generate extension modules.

Pearu