[SciPy-dev] Need some info to solve #238: cblas vs fblas

Sun Aug 5 08:11:32 CDT 2007

Hi,

While trying to look at some of the pending bugs on mac os X, I came
across a quite severe problem for scipy.linalg when building with
gfortran and veclib on intel. I put my findings in #238: the problem
seems to be that 4 functions in veclib use the "old fortran ABI" for
returned values, and this causes memory corruption when used in scipy.

I am not sure how to solve this problem: I tried many different things,
to observe at the end that removing a file (fblaswrap) from the sources
of fblas in the setup of linalg solved the problem... What is this file
used for ? Can it be removed from the fblas module ? (conditionally to
having found vecLib, of course).

cheers,

David