[SciPy-dev] one more scipy.optimize.line_search question

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Aug 6 18:41:20 CDT 2007

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007, dmitrey apparently wrote:
> If you'll just try ctrl-f "amax" in optimize.py, you'll see that it has
> only 2 : one - definition of amax as a func and one - in line_search
> func input args. So the value is unused in line_search.

Right; as I said, only Travis can say why this is currently
unused the line_search function in optimize.py.  If I were
to guess, I'd guess he did not get around to implementing
the stepsize bound yet, but there may be a more interesting
explanation.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac