[SciPy-dev] EMPython site is dead...delete from Topical?

Joe Harrington jh@physics.ucf....
Wed Aug 22 14:51:40 CDT 2007

A user just complained to me that the link to www.empython.org on the
topical software page took him to a porn site.  It appears that
www.empython.org is not a live site, and instead gives you one of those
IP registrar ad sites.  After a while it sometimes redirects you into
neverland, and maybe neverland has some porn sites.

At any rate, does EM python still exist anywhere as a project?  Do we
want to archive the code somewhere (presuming someone has it)?  We
should either archive the code and link to it, or delete the link
entirely if we don't have that code or don't want to archive it.

I found the note below from April, but when I tried emailing rob (at)
empython.org, it bounced.

Thoughts?  We'll see this happen again, so we should decide some sort of
consistent treatment of sites that just vanish.

--jh--

[SciPy-user] EMPython
Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 11 14:05:31 CDT 2007