[SciPy-dev] Documentation to SciPy

Thu Aug 23 01:37:11 CDT 2007

> (so web search "python openopt" points to the page).
> but the web page(s) are 100% related to his module "optimizers".

I didn't want to add documentation about your work because don't exactly now
what's in it.

The
> module is part of openopt svn, also, in future, openopt will use some
> solvers from "optimizers" (i.e. they will be available soon (I hope)
> with openopt syntax, that's not implemented yet because of lack of time
> before GSoC finish), on the other hand, "optimizers" remain being a
> separate module.
> I didn't created webpages yet, can anyone give me url what should I do?

I suggested you could complete the first part, for instance with what is
provided, what other module is needed, ... and then you put link to another
page for each your optimizer and perhaps some examples ?

All I need is extracting docstring from each function (MILP, LP, QP,
> NLP, NSP) from
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/openopt/scikits/openopt/oo.py
> and attaching examples from
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/openopt/scikits/openopt/examples/
> milp_1.py, lp_1.py, qp_1.py, nlp_1.py, nsp_1.py
> I don't want just copy-paste, because it will be changed (updated) from
> time to time. Is it possible somehow that webpages changed along with
> svn code automatically?

I don't know, but what I do is keeping both to date, even if that means some
more work.

Matthieu