[SciPy-dev] scipy 0.6.0 tests kill python interpreter

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat Dec 1 15:44:49 CST 2007

Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I install scipy 0.6.0 on Debian and run tests, it kills the
> interpreter with Illegal instruction.
>
> More details here:

> Is anyone able to reproduce it on their system, or is it just related
> to Debian? Could you please send me
> the correct run of tests, so that I can discover where exactly it differs?

Try scipy.test(verbosity=1). This will print the name of the test before it runs
the test. Also, try running Python under gdb so we can get a backtrace.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco