[SciPy-dev] How to regenerate swig generated files ?

Sun Dec 2 04:09:57 CST 2007

Hi,

    I encounter a relatively trivial build bug in sparsetools (ticket
549), which requires regenerating the sources by swig. I would like to
know which version should be used, and which options ? It would be good
to have those options noted somewhere, I think. As an aside, it would be
good also if the source file could be split into several compilation
units: a 3 Mb C++ source file is extremely heavy (compiling it with g++
and -O2 takes up to 400 Mb of ram, this is not pleasant when compiling
scipy on virtual machines).

    cheers,

    David