[SciPy-dev] SLSQP Constrained Optimizer Status

Rob Falck robfalck@gmail....
Wed Dec 12 09:15:57 CST 2007

outputfcn would allow for graphical progress of the optimizer, correct?  I
don't see any reason why that wouldn't be possible.
I'll need to read up on properly incorporating it into scipy for svn (this
is the first commit I've done for the project), I'll try to have it up in
the next day or three.
I think its speed can be increased substantially with the addition of a
constrain normals argument, but I'll add it as is, with approximations for
now.

On Dec 12, 2007 3:42 AM, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko@scipy.org> wrote:

> Rob Falck wrote:
> > I'm currently implementing the Sequential Least Squares Quadratic
> > Programming (SLSQP) optimizer, by Dieter Kraft, for use in Scipy.
> > The Fortran code being wrapped with F2PY is here:
> > http://www.netlib.org/toms/733  (its use within Scipy has been cleared)
> >

> > If anyone is interested in testing it out, let me know.
> >
> Hi Rob,
> could you commit your changes to svn?
> I intend to provide connection to OpenOpt and try to bench the solver
> with other ones available.
> Also, having outputfcn would be nice, does the Fortran code provide the
> possibility?
> Regards, D.

- Rob Falck