[SciPy-dev] SLSQP Constrained Optimizer Status

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko@scipy....
Wed Dec 19 05:58:55 CST 2007

hi all,
Excuse me for repeating this message once again, my 1st one that I had
sent yesterday seems to be lost because of scipy.org server down for
several hours

Hi Rob, could you check the line 224 (slsqp.py)

a = numpy.concatenate( (fprime_cons(x),zeros([la,1])),1)

I found the problem is here (lines 163-165):
   meq = len(eqcons)        # meq = The number of equality constraints
   m = meq + len(ieqcons)   # m   = The total number of constraints
   la = array([1,m]).max()  # la  =

So when user pass for example f_eqcons instead of eqcons, there is no
appropriate handling of the situation in the code above these lines, so
it produces la = 1 and error in concatenate.

I'll try to continue checking slsqp connecting it to OpenOpt after
you'll inform about fixing the bug, ok?

Regards, D.