[SciPy-dev] The future of the scipy.sandbox and a reminder of upcoming doc-day

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Thu Dec 27 21:11:19 CST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 2:01 PM, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of the packages already are in a scikit, like pyem and svm.

Several sandbox packages have been removed:  ann, pyem, svm,
arraysetops, cow, gplt, maskedarray, plt, wavelets, xplt, stats, and
oliphant, see  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/573

> I'd like to see arpack in the sparse folder (?) very fast as some my code
> would need a sparse solver (I proposed that it could be moved in a scikit
> but it makes sense to keep it in scipy so that sparse solvers are available
> in scipy).

Yes, arpack should go into the sparse package.  If you have the time,
it would be great if you could help get it moved over.  Ideally, we
can get it moved into scipy.sparse before the 0.7 release around the
end of March.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman