[SciPy-dev] Scikits and stuff

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Dec 28 01:56:52 CST 2007

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> gscikits --- For GPL encumbered packages regardless of origin or destiny.

I think this is a misnomer. There are also LGPL-, MPL-, CPL-, CeCILL-, OPL-,
etc-encumbered packages, too. I don't see a good reason to not let these
packages use the scikits namespace. Every package has its own license; scikits
is not a package. It's just not that confusing.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco