[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] SciPy Sprint results

Fri Dec 28 07:19:51 CST 2007

My worries are for the Intel compiler and Linux (this way, the compiler is
free for my purposes). Last time I tried to use weave, the compilation
failed because some headers were missing in Scipy. I don't know if this was
fixed as not additional folder is present in the trunk.

Matthieu

2007/12/28, Tom Waite <twaite@berkeley.edu>:

> I got the Intel( Windows) compiler to work, but had problems with the
> link. The Intel linker (xilink6) has a problem (multi-file optimization
> error) and I noted with my Visual Studio running with Intel, the Intel
> linker actually is running the MS linker. This is not completed as of now as
> I still need to resolve the minor changes I am having to make to the
> inherited distutils scripts in my IntelW.py.
>
> Tom
>

> On 12/27/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This is good news :)
> > > Will other compilers be supported by the Blits converters, like ICL or
> > > Visual Studio ? Last time I tried ty use ICL, some headers were
> > missing :|
> >
> > Tom Waite, from Berkeley, spent a lot of time getting the intel
> > compilers to work on win32, but I don't think that code is committed.
> > You may want to ping the Berkeley guys tomorrow on irc for details on
> > the status of that (I'm not there right now).
> >
> > Cheers,

French PhD student