[SciPy-dev] scipy.interpolate.fitpack patch

John Travers jtravs@gmail....
Wed Feb 7 08:38:34 CST 2007

Hi all,

I have just committed a fix for the problem with the parametric spline fitting.
So as far as I can tell the new spline module is ready for prime time.
So I would be very grateful if people can test it!!

All you need to do is enable the spline module in the sandbox and
replace any imports from scipy.interpolate with scipy.sandbox.spline.

Bugs are very welcome!

Note this module is missing the insert method added recently (thanks
to Zach) - should be fixed soon.

Now I can finally pay attention to the interpolation methods. I have a
new module ready based on radial basis functions that allows n-d
interpolation of scattered data. I'll be committing it this week once
I've ironed out a few bugs.

John