[SciPy-dev] sparsetools - new and (hopefully) improved!

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 04:10:50 CST 2007

On 1/6/07, Tim Leslie <tim.leslie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem solved. There were some arrays which were created without
> dtype=numpy.intc. These have been fixed in revision 2500.

Great! Thanks for following up on that bug.

In the future I plan to template the index type in sparsetools to
provide support for both int32 and int64.  Until then we'll need to
stick with numpy.intc.

I don't expect many people will have SciPy matrices with > 2^31 rows
anytime soon, but it's good to be future-proof :)

Does numpy support arrays with dimension > 2^31?

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com