[SciPy-dev] sparse revisited

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 23 03:46:13 CST 2007

Hi,

A program of my colleague is broken due to the recent changes wrt sparse.
So I turned back to r2450 and it works fine.

 This is the result with the latest svn version

Solving frequency  450.0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main_ce_v3.py", line 49, in ?
    x = spsolve(k_dyn, fq)
  File
"/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linsolve/linsolve.py",
line 86, in spsolve
    autoTranspose = True )
  File
"/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linsolve/umfpack/umfpack.py",

line 581, in linsolve
    self.numeric( mtx )
  File
"/usr/local/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linsolve/umfpack/umfpack.py",

line 429, in numeric
    raise RuntimeError, '%s failed with %s' %
(self.funs.numeric,
RuntimeError: <function umfpack_zi_numeric at
0x2aff5e4412a8> failed with UMFPACK_ERROR_out_of_memory

The matrices are very large and I am not sure if I should file a ticket.

Any comments how to proceed (Tim, Nathan) ?

Nils

THANKS.txt might need some update. I cannot find some developers e.g.
Tim Leslie, Nathan Bell.