[SciPy-dev] sparse revisited

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:17:57 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Nils Wagner <nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> I have applied the patch by mauger for ticket #311.
> It works fine. I mean our tests passed. Please can you
> apply the patch to svn.

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

> How about the other issues concerning sparse ?
> I look forward to hearing from you.

Concerning your UMFPACK_ERROR_out_of_memory errors, are you sure that
the factors actually fit in memory?  You could try it in MATLAB (which
also uses UMFPACK) to eliminate this possibility.  Without more
guidance it's difficult to say what the issue could be.  UMFPACK
should detect malformed matrices, so I doubt it's a format issue.

Also, will someone who knows the implementation of lil_matrix fix
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/347 or at least roll back
the recent changes (assuming they are the culprit)?

Nathan Bell wnbell at gmail.com