[SciPy-dev] change scipy.optimize function signatures?? FEEDBACK NEEDED!! (ticket 285)

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Thu Jul 19 11:27:44 CDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Anne Archibald apparently wrote:
> Please don't do this! This renders the signature useless
> in figuring out how to call the function...
> Then again, I'm not sure I see what this opaque
> OptimizationParams is supposed to accomplish.

It is supposed to

1. be a less ugly way to get what the ticket is seeking, and

2. eventually be a way of ensuring some uniformity across
the optimization functions

I am not pushing for it (really! it is just a quick
exploration), but it seems that your core concern could be
addressed by a docstring.

I still need to know: do you like the change proposed in the
ticket?

Thanks,
Alan