[SciPy-dev] Making numpy test work in scikits

Fri Jul 20 07:30:01 CDT 2007

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 09:23:11PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> def test_suite(*args):
>>     return NumpyTest().test(level = -1)
>>
>> Then while executing the tests with setuptools, I have some infinite
>> recursion (which is due to the fact that NumpyTest is importing the
>> current package I guess ?). I am kind of stuck, and I feel like I
>> already wasted way too much time on this.
>>

> What happens if you specify the name of the module you wish to test,
> i.e.
>
> def test_suite(*args):
>     return NumpyTest("mymodule").test(level=-1)

I thought about it too, but it did not change anything. Actually, I
don't understand why NumpyTest tries to import the modules at all. Why
not just getting the list of all test_* files in tests, and getting
their corresponding TestCase instead ?

David