[SciPy-dev] Making numpy test work in scikits

Sat Jul 21 00:47:45 CDT 2007

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 09:23:11PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> def test_suite(*args):
>>     return NumpyTest().test(level = -1)
>>
>> Then while executing the tests with setuptools, I have some infinite
>> recursion (which is due to the fact that NumpyTest is importing the
>> current package I guess ?). I am kind of stuck, and I feel like I
>> already wasted way too much time on this.
>>

> What happens if you specify the name of the module you wish to test,
> i.e.
>
> def test_suite(*args):
>     return NumpyTest("mymodule").test(level=-1)

Ok, I managed to make it work by doing the following:

def test_suite(*args):
    # XXX: this is to avoid recursive call to itself. This is an
horrible hack,
    # I have no idea why infinite recursion happens
otherwise.
    if len(args) >
0:
        import unittest
        return
unittest.TestSuite()
    return NumpyTest().test(level = -10)

Now, I have to understand why it does not work when I give the all=True
argument to NumpyTest().test. I am starting to think it would be much
easier to build test suite by hand for each test script...

David