[SciPy-dev] Deprecating packages

Fri Jul 27 02:57:04 CDT 2007

Hi,

    In the context of releasing soon a new scipy tarball, I was
wondering what is the most appropriate approach to deprecate toolboxes
(in sandbox, not standard packages of course). 4 packages in
scipy.sandbox are now in scikits.learn (pyem, svm, ann and ga). What I
did for pyem is to throw an import error in the __init__ with
instructions on where to get the new code. Can I do the same for other
packages (those were not "mine", so I didn't want to change anything
before feedback) ?

    cheers,

    David