[SciPy-dev] scikits svn

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jun 6 13:40:31 CDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>>> 2) if I shall use
>>> config.add_data_dir('directory15'), will all subdirectories of
>>> directory15 added to python path automatically or it requires additional
>>> efforts?
>>>
>> All subdirectories are added.
>>
> However, I have some subdirectories commited and when I try to run
> "python setup.py install" it yields
> /usr/bin/python setup.py install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 86, in <module>
>     'Topic :: Scientific/Engineering']
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/core.py", line
> 144, in setup
>     config = configuration()
>   File "setup.py", line 33, in configuration
>     from scikits.openopt.info import __version__ as openopt_version
>   File "/home/dmitrey/scikits/openopt/scikits/openopt/__init__.py", line
> 7, in <module>
>     from openopt import LP, NLP, NSP
>   File "/home/dmitrey/scikits/openopt/scikits/openopt/openopt.py", line
> 2, in <module>
>     from BaseProblem import *
> ImportError: No module named BaseProblem
> (I.e. it can't find BaseProblem.py file from other (sub)directory )

Yes, that's to be expected. The subdirectory Kernel is there with
BaseProblem.py, but you can't import stuff from there like that. Either move the
stuff in Kernel out to scikits/openopt/ where they can be imported like that, or
add Kernel/__init__.py to make it a subpackage and import the modules in it
properly.

>>> 3) In cvs I need .cvsignore file in my directories. I have noticed in
>>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/pymat "Property
>>> *svn:ignore* set to /|*.pyc|/". So, now I don't need to create any
>>> *ignore files?
>>>
>> Correct.
> however, unfortunately some .pyc-files were added, see for example
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/browser/trunk/openopt/scikits

Okay. Go ahead and delete them.

--
Robert Kern