[SciPy-dev] Compiling scipy with Intel ifort & MKL

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jun 11 16:38:37 CDT 2007

Pearu Peterson wrote:

> rex wrote:
>
>> error: file 'dfftpack/*.f' does not exist
>>
>> It exited here. Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
>
> It is due to a bug in numpy introduced, I think, just before releasing
> 1.0.3. It has been fixed in numpy svn.

What piece of code, specifically?

> So, I suggest using
> numpy from svn as at the moment it has only bug fixes compared to the
> last release.

No, SVN has quite a lot of features merged from David Cooke's numpy.distutils
branch, too.

> And it might be worth considering releasing 1.0.3.1 as with the given
> bug all codes using 1.0.3 numpy.distutils will fail to build.

Under what circumstances? I can build scipy, for instance, just fine.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco