[SciPy-dev] Compiling scipy with Intel ifort & MKL

Pearu Peterson pearu@cens.ioc...
Tue Jun 12 05:34:27 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> Pearu Peterson wrote:
>> rex wrote:
>>
>>> error: file 'dfftpack/*.f' does not exist
>>>
>>> It exited here. Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
>> It is due to a bug in numpy introduced, I think, just before releasing
>> 1.0.3. It has been fixed in numpy svn.
>
> What piece of code, specifically?

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/3845#file0

has the bug, also numpy 1.0.3-2 tar-ball has it.

>> So, I suggest using
>> numpy from svn as at the moment it has only bug fixes compared to the
>> last release.
>
> No, SVN has quite a lot of features merged from David Cooke's numpy.distutils
> branch, too.

ok, I forgot thoses.

>> And it might be worth considering releasing 1.0.3.1 as with the given
>> bug all codes using 1.0.3 numpy.distutils will fail to build.
>
> Under what circumstances? I can build scipy, for instance, just fine.

Are you using numpy 1.0.3 tar-ball? There are at least two error reports
of the given kind (building scipy fails with `dfftpack/*.f` not existing
error) that was caused by this numpy.distutils bug.

Pearu