[SciPy-dev] Status of sandbox.spline and my other code.

Wed Jun 13 07:29:45 CDT 2007

Hi,

2. Radial basis function module in sandbox (rbf)
> This code has recently had attention from Robert Hetland and is quite
> improved. I'm not sure if I will ever go into scipy though?? If not, I
> will put it into a scikit at some point.
> Related to this, the wiki page has been updated, however, it is at
> http://www.scipy.org/RadialBasisFunctions but should probably be in
> the Cookbook. I don't know how to move it over, so some pointers would
> be helpful. In addition there are four unused attachments I uploaded
> that could be deleted.

What are the kernels that can be used with this RBF ? (This is related to
the current work on SVM and/or KPCA for machine learning)

Is it possible to give the samples in a single array ?

Is there an optimization in the computation of the value of the RBF (i.e. if
the point is "far" from the RBF, the kernel value is low or zero, so
computing the value is not useful) ?

I'd like to use this for probabilities (RBF fields), if possible ;)

Matthieu