[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to depend on ctypes for scipy code ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jun 13 11:48:47 CDT 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Subject says it all. Is is ok to depends on ctypes for scipy code,
> or should the implementation be optional with a python fallback ?

I'd prefer not to depend on ctypes. More specifically, I'd prefer not to worry
about building or finding non-extension shared libraries.

What were you thinking about using ctypes for?

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco