[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to depend on ctypes for scipy code ?

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Jun 13 16:30:45 CDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:04:17PM -0700, Andrew Straw wrote:
> > There are several people who have started with this solution (I'm pretty
> > sure it is solvable), but none of these solutions have ended up in
> > distutils or numpy.distutils.
>
> Can someone refresh my memory - I thought Stefan van der Walt (IIRC) was
> working on this a while ago. What happened with that?

I remember asking what *exactly* the problem is with building shared
libraries using distutils (but I don't recall the answer).  I happily
use distutils to build libraries for use with ctypes under Linux.

Cheers
Stéfan