[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to depend on ctypes for scipy code ?

Wed Jun 13 21:43:23 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:

> The linking process on Windows requires an extension module to actually have the
> initfoo function.
Don't tell me this is again windows doing things totally differently
than everybody else for the sake of being incompatible :) On windows,
the major problem I have with ctypes for pyaudiolab is detecting the
library, because numpy.distutils does not find the dll if the .lib is
not there (the library I depend on, sndfile, is compiled by mingw by the
main author).

Of course, I do not pretend there is no problem, I just don't understand it.

David