[SciPy-dev] Is it ok to depend on ctypes for scipy code ?

Travis Oliphant oliphant@ee.byu....
Thu Jun 14 15:29:04 CDT 2007

>We are still maintaining 2.3 compatibility.

Yes, but I don't think we would mind having some code that requires
another library to be installed to be used (as long as it builds and
installs without it).   For example, some code in SciPy requires the PIL
in order to be useful.

So, is it just a matter of inserting the dummy function

initfoo()

into a shared library and pretending it's a Python extension that stands
in the way of using ctypes in a cross-platform manner?

-Travis