[SciPy-dev] [pymachine] moving code outside the sandbox into scikits ?

Sat Jun 23 06:21:52 CDT 2007

Hi,

We have been calling the project pymachine. But we would rather use a
> more descriptive name for the scikit package (and one that doesn't
> contain 'py').  Here are some ideas:
> - scikits.learning
> - scikits.learn
> - scikits.machinelearning
> - scikits.mlearn
> What do you think of these names?  Does anyone have better name in mind?

machinelearning is my favourite, but I would think of a more global
hierarchy inside this namespace. svm and em do not have the same final goal,
so perhaps adding classification or estimation as sub-sub-namespace would be
worth considering.

Matthieu