[SciPy-dev] [pymachine] moving code outside the sandbox into scikits ?

Sat Jun 23 06:25:13 CDT 2007

> it's too long to type each time "from scikits.machinelearning import
> (...)"
> maybe, machlearn or maclearn or mach_learn or ml?

Too long perhaps, but muwh more understandable. One would just have to make
before "import scikits.machinelearning as ml" and it would be much more
structured.

As for me, I would implement 2 ways of calling each scikits module - one
> long and unique, other small, but also unique.
> for example,
> 1st: from scikits.openopt import (...)
> 2nd: from scikits.oo import (...) (for those who types it dozens times
> per day, for example module developers itself)

Like as said before, it is possible ;)

However, I don't know how to do the trick via setuptools, as well as
> supply my py-files installed with their compiled versions (setup.py
> compiles my py-files but (I don't know why) they are absent in
> destination directory) and howto pass "-j 2" option to 'make' routine
> when I call 'python setup.py install' (or maybe parallel compiling
> options should be passed somehow else?)

"python setup.py install" calls make ? I don't think so. This should be
proposed to the setuptools ML ;)

If the .py files aren't in the egg, add them explicitely.

Matthieu