[SciPy-dev] sandbox packages maskedarray and timeseries

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Fri Mar 2 11:27:16 CST 2007

On Friday 02 March 2007 03:51:00 Nils Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have enabled the sandbox packages maskedarray and timeseries.

Wow, thanks a lot. We didn't even make a proper annoucement on timeseries
yet ! (We want to have the week-end to check for some bugs first...)

> How can I fix this problem ?

Mmh. I don't know, I never tried to install the package with Scipy. You could
try to install maskedarray first, and then... *finishes his coffee and
realizes that's not the question*. Oh:

I guess it's a namespace problem.
timeseries.tcore tries to find maskedarray, when in fact only
scipy.sandbox.maskedarray is available in the namespace.

Could you try something like
from scipy.sandbox import maskedarray as maskedarray
?

I've never tried this approach, I always have maskedarray and timeseries
directly in my PYTHONPATH and everything works fine (of course, except for
the bugs in the modules themselves, but we're working on that...)

Let me know how it goes.