[SciPy-dev] crash with 'import scipy.linalg' and 'import scipy.io'

Ravikiran Rajagopal ravi.rajagopal@amd....
Thu Mar 8 08:19:39 CST 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 11:50:14 pm John Pye wrote:
> Perhaps it's a categorical "you can't use scipy in embedded python". But
> hopefully not.

That is not the case. I have been using scipy in embedded python (in embedded
ipython!) for a while now to provide a scripting interface to my SystemC
code. It uses matplotlib to plot stuff, and I have not had any issues with it
for a long time. I am not doing exactly what you seem to be doing since I am
combining all of the pieces of code using boost.python.

Regarding your specific problem, it is hard to say without looking at the
code. Did you import numpy in your C code prior to importing it in python
code? If so, did you call import_array?

Regards,
Ravi