[SciPy-dev] Proposal for more generic optimizers (posted before on scipy-user)

Thu Mar 8 08:19:51 CST 2007

> You can skip a test inside the loop
> and use a default method that is always called.
>
>         def record_history(self,etcetera):
>                 pass
>
> Allow alternative functions to be passed by the user as part
> of the Optimizer object initialization so that overriding is
> not necessary.
>
> Of course the 'etcetera' part is important ...  I can
> imagine wanting lots of pieces of the history.

OK, I see what you mean, and it is far more generic this way, so I will take
this road.
For the etcetera argument, I suppose a **parameter is a good choice, and
passing every variable of the loop to record_history is what you mean by "I
can
imagine wanting lots of pieces of the history."

My last question before returning to work would be where to find the coding
conventions for SciPy, I did not find them on the website, but I must missed
something...

Matthieu