[SciPy-dev] Combining Numpy/C/fortran ?

John Pye john@curioussymbols....
Fri Mar 9 17:41:42 CST 2007

If you find difficulty in getting setup.py to do what you want, then try
SCons (http://www.scons.org). It is python based, and supports linking
fortran, SWIG, C, C++, (and lots of other types of code) very naturally.

If you want to provide python access directly to a fortran function, the
approach with SWIG would be to write a *C header file* that described
the fortran function, then embed the header file in your SWIG .i file.
Then something like the following should just work:

env.SharedLibrary('_mymodule.so', ['myswig.i','myfortran.f'])

This might be possible with setup.py; I'm not sure.

Cheers
JP