[SciPy-dev] Proposal for more generic optimizers (posted before on scipy-user)

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Mar 26 09:40:08 CDT 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Matthieu Brucher apparently wrote:
> Indeed, that could be a solution. The only question
> remaining is how to use the dictionnary, perhaps creating
> a fake object with the correct interface ?

OK, I see why you want that approach.
(So that you can still pass a single object around in your
optimizer module.)  Yes, that seems right...
This seems to bundle naturally with a specific optimizer?
If so, the class definition should reside in the StandardOptimizer module.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

PS For readability, I think Optimizer should define
a "virtual" iterate method. E.g.,
def iterate(self):
    return NotImplemented