[SciPy-dev] Sparse BLAS in scipy?
Tue Nov 27 10:32:45 CST 2007
Apologies for cross-posting- this one seems to have fallen through the
cracks on scipy-user, maybe this is a better place to send it.
Is there a set of python-callable sparse BLAS out there yet? I haven't
found one, and not for lack of Googling. I'm willing to work on
swigging a library if the need exists, but would like some guidance
from someone with more experience with these things.
First, it looks like there are three implementations that would be
good for this purpose:
- NIST sparse BLAS
- SparseLib++ (superseded by above?)
- Boost's ublas with sparse template parameters.
- Do I need to do this, or are wrappers already available?
- If so, which library would be best? I lean toward Boost, just
because it's so broadly templatized that scripting a wrapper for all
all the sparse-sparse and sparse-dense versions should be relatively
- What should the calling conventions from Python be like?
- Any other pointers? (things I should know about numpy.i, for example).
More information about the Scipy-dev